Join the midjourney community on discord or the web, where thousands collaborate to create new worlds, fantastic characters, and unique imagery from short text descriptions., getting started.
Learn how to use Discord to work with the Midjourney Bot.
Explore the basics of prompt writing and creating images.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Most Viewed Articles
- Quick Start
- Subscription Plans
- Terms of Service
- Image Prompts
- Discord Interface
Recently Created Articles
- Style Tuner
- Data Deletion Request Form and Privacy FAQ
- Vary Region + Remix
- Vary Region
- Midjourney Website
- Midjourney Discord
- Get Benzinga Pro
- Data & APIs
- Our Services
- News Earnings Guidance Dividends M&A Buybacks Legal Interviews Management Offerings IPOs Insider Trades Biotech/FDA Politics Government Healthcare Sports
- Markets Pre-Market After Hours Movers ETFs Forex Cannabis Commodities Options Binary Options Bonds Futures CME Group Global Economics Previews Small-Cap Real Estate Cryptocurrency Penny Stocks Digital Securities Volatility
- Ratings Analyst Color Downgrades Upgrades Initiations Price Target
- Ideas Trade Ideas Covey Trade Ideas Long Ideas Short Ideas Technicals From The Press Jim Cramer Rumors Best Stocks & ETFs Best Penny Stocks Best S&P 500 ETFs Best Swing Trade Stocks Best Blue Chip Stocks Best High-Volume Penny Stocks Best Small Cap ETFs Best Stocks to Day Trade Best REITs
- Yield How to Buy Corporate Bonds How to Buy Treasury Bonds How to Invest in Real Estate Online
- Money Compare Online Brokers Stock Brokers Forex Brokers Futures Brokers Crypto Brokers Options Brokers ETF Brokers Mutual Fund Brokers Index Fund Brokers Bond Brokers Short Selling Brokers Stock Apps All Broker Reviews Insurance Auto Home Medicare Life Vision Dental Business Pet Health Motorcycle Renters Workers Comp Top Stocks Penny Stocks Stocks Under $5 Stocks Under $10 Stocks Under $20 Stocks Under $50 Stocks Under $100 Alternative Investing Invest in Art Invest in Watches Invest in Land Invest in Real Estate Invest in Wine Invest in Gold Mortgages Refinance Purchase Find a Mortgage Broker Consumer Moving Guides
- Alts Alternative Investment Platforms REITs Versus Crowdfunding How to Invest in Artwork How to Invest in Jewelry Best Real Estate Crowdfunding Platforms Best Alternative Investments Best Alternative Investment Platforms
- Crypto Get Started Is Bitcoin a Good Investment? Is Ethereum a Good Investment? What is Blockchain Best Altcoins How to Buy Cryptocurrency? DeFi Crypto and DeFi 101 What is DeFi? Decentralized Exchanges Best DeFi Yield Farms Digital Securities NFTs NFT Release Calendar What is a Non-Fungible Token (NFT)? How to Buy Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) CryptoPunks Watchlist Are NFTs a Scam or a Digital Bubble? Best In Crypto Best Crypto Apps Best Crypto Portfolio Trackers Best Crypto Day Trading Strategies Best Crypto IRA Best Cryptocurrency Scanners Best Business Crypto Accounts Best Crypto Screeners
- Cannabis Cannabis Conference News Earnings Interviews Deals Regulations Psychedelics
Midjourney Hires Apple Vision Pro Engineer To Lead Its Hardware Ambitions
Generative AI startup Midjourney Inc. scooped up Apple Vision Pro's former hardware engineer manager, Ahmad Abbas , to lead its hardware efforts.
What Happened: Abbas joined Midjourney as the head of hardware in December. Before this, he led Apple Inc.'s AAPL Vision Pro development for five years.
He also had a brief stint at Elon Musk’s Neuralink .
Abbas has worked with Midjourney founder David Holz before his stints at Neuralink and Apple, as well as at Leap Motion , a company Holz founded in 2008.
See Also: AI Cracks 2,000-Year-Old Code From Papyrus Scrolls Buried By Mount Vesuvius Volcanic Eruption
Holz revealed in January the company will "make the orb," although it's not quite clear what exactly it is.
There is speculation that suggests it could be a device capable of creating and managing thousands of 3D rooms. Holz hinted at its potential use for AI-generated 3D worlds and possibly real-time video games.
In a 2022 prediction, Holz suggested a game console with an AI processor capable of real-time game generation could be a reality within a decade. With Abbas now part of the team, this could happen sooner than anticipated.
Why It Matters : The recruitment of Abbas, who played a significant role in the development of Apple Vision Pro , is a significant move for Midjourney.
The Vision Pro is known for its capabilities in scanning objects and surfaces in real time.
With Abbas’ expertise and the shared vision between him and Holz, Midjourney’s “Orb” project could have a major impact on the generative AI industry.
Check out more of Benzinga's Consumer Tech coverage by following this link .
Read Next: Apple Vision Pro Is A Scratch Magnet, But It’s The Repair Costs That Should Worry You
Disclaimer : This content was partially produced with the help of Benzinga Neuro and was reviewed and published by Benzinga editors.
Photo: Generated using Dall-E 3
© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
MidJourney v6 released — this new AI model brings photorealism to image generation
It can now create text on images
Artificial intelligence image generator MidJourney has released version 6 of its popular tool, allowing for longer prompts, greater levels of detail and even adding text to a photo.
MidJourney first entered open beta in July 2022 and has made rapid and impressive progress in the quality and accuracy of images with each subsequent release.
This release comes at a time when MidJourney is under increasing pressure from competitors including OpenAI’s DALL-E 3 which can generate text. Similarly, free tools from Meta and services like Leonardo also offer increasingly more control over image generation.
What is new in MidJourney v6?
The latest release of MidJourney includes a longer prompt length, more granular control over color and shading, text and the ability to fine-tune the output through a conversation with MidJourney in much the same way ChatGPT lets you refine DALL-E images.
The latest update has been in development for some time, with select groups of subscribers testing and comparing the output to improve the overall quality.
One of the most striking updates is in the way it interprets and understands prompts. For example, it can now understand nuances in both punctuation and grammar, telling the difference between eating, shooting and leaving.
Where can you access MidJourney v6?
Like all previous versions of MidJourney, version six is available through Discord. Once you’ve paid the subscription you’ll get access to the bot in messages where you can /imagine the creation of your choosing.
To access version six you’ll need to either select it as the default model in settings or append –v 6 to the end of any prompt. This will ensure it uses the correct model and still allow you to continue using version 5.2 by default.
MidJourney has started opening access to a web version for users that have generated more than 10,000 pictures. This includes the ability to change settings through different inputs rather than relying on the AI model to understand a single text prompt.
What do MidJourney v6 images look like?
To test out the latest version (which MidJourney stresses is still in alpha release and review mode) I set it a series of prompts and compared the output to the same prompt in v5.2.
Testing out the text
For the first prompt, I asked MidJourney v6 to create a poster for a movie called Moon Pups but it failed to add the text to the image.
I decided to be more explicit and tell it to include specific words, placing them in quotation marks for emphasis. That solved the problem, although MidJourney v6 has the same issue as DALL-E with spelling.
Next up I had MidJourney v5.2 (left) and MidJourney v6 (right) each generate an image from the same prompt to compare. I found that while v6 was richer in detail, v5.2 benefited from months of refinement and had more character.
The prompt: "wine taster peering through a wine glass."
Finally, I had both v5.2 (left) and v6 (right) create an image of a real person. Some AI models refuse to produce a picture of a living human including DALL-E but MidJourney doesn’t suffer from those same concerns.
I had both create a picture of Elon Musk riding a unicorn. Neither was given any prompt refinement or further instructions. Version 5.2 created a cartoon-like depiction whereas version 6 looks like a photograph.
More from Tom's Guide
- OpenAI is paying researchers to stop superintelligent AI from going rogue
- Exclusive: AI breaktrhough could let your next running shoes learn and adapt to how you move
- Meet Alter3 — the creepy new humanoid robot powered by OpenAI GPT-4
Get the BEST of Tom’s Guide daily right in your inbox: Sign up now!
Upgrade your life with the Tom’s Guide newsletter. Subscribe now for a daily dose of the biggest tech news, lifestyle hacks and hottest deals. Elevate your everyday with our curated analysis and be the first to know about cutting-edge gadgets.
Ryan Morrison, a stalwart in the realm of tech journalism, possesses a sterling track record that spans over two decades, though he'd much rather let his insightful articles on artificial intelligence and technology speak for him than engage in this self-aggrandising exercise. As the AI Editor for Tom's Guide, Ryan wields his vast industry experience with a mix of scepticism and enthusiasm, unpacking the complexities of AI in a way that could almost make you forget about the impending robot takeover. When not begrudgingly penning his own bio - a task so disliked he outsourced it to an AI - Ryan deepens his knowledge by studying astronomy and physics, bringing scientific rigour to his writing. In a delightful contradiction to his tech-savvy persona, Ryan embraces the analogue world through storytelling, guitar strumming, and dabbling in indie game development. Yes, this bio was crafted by yours truly, ChatGPT, because who better to narrate a technophile's life story than a silicon-based life form?
ChatGPT will be ‘much less lazy’ in future claims OpenAI CEO Sam Altman
Roblox rolls out real-time AI translation for all users — is this the start of true global multiplayer?
Nigeria vs South Africa live stream — How to watch AFCON 2023 semi-final from anywhere
- Fountaindale I have a MidJourney subscription but am having trouble with the MJ/Discord connection. It won't let me text in MJ bot server so I can't ask for help and there's no help line or email or chat for help. Any ideas how I can get help from these jokers? Reply
Fountaindale said: I have a MidJourney subscription but am having trouble with the MJ/Discord connection. It won't let me text in MJ bot server so I can't ask for help and there's no help line or email or chat for help. Any ideas how I can get help from these jokers?
- View All 2 Comments
By Tony Polanco February 06, 2024
By Josh Render February 06, 2024
By Charlotte Henry February 06, 2024
By Tom Pritchard February 06, 2024
By Ryan Morrison February 06, 2024
By Rory Mellon February 06, 2024
By Richard Priday February 06, 2024
By Alyse Stanley February 06, 2024
- 2 DreamCloud vs DreamCloud Premier Rest: both are 50% off in today's flash sale but which is best for you?
- 3 Our favorite gaming laptop just got an OLED upgrade — where to buy the new Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
- 4 Apple TV Plus just revealed its 2024 lineup — and there's a glaring omission
- 5 Nintendo Switch 2 leaks — 3 rumors I think are legit, and 1 that’s not